It seems like businesses of all sizes are using videos to promote their products or services. And with good reason.Video marketing is exploding due to increasing customer demand for video content. Take a look at these video marketing statistics:
- Last year, Forbes reported that website visitors spent an average of 88% more time on a website that had videos.
- According to a 2018 HubSpot study, 54% of consumers say they want to see more video content from brands or businesses they support.
- A study by Optinmonster (2019) showed that video marketers reported getting 66% more qualified leads yearly and 54% cited an increase in brand awareness with the use of video.
- Animoto (2018) found that consumers prefer videos to other types of content from the brands they follow on social media.
- Animoto (2018) also found that 88% of video marketers are happy with the return on investment from video campaigns on social media platforms.
- Search Engine Journal (2018) reported that YouTube is now the second largest search engine and plays over one billion hours of video per day.
Types of Video Content that Small Businesses can Leverage
So as a small business owner on a limited budget (and likely with no marketing team), you may be wondering how you can get in on the action and create videos that increase quality leads and convert those leads to customers. Here are some ideas for the types of videos you can easily create and post:
Explainer Videos: Short videos that explains a specific service or product
Video Testimonials: Video clips of customers raving about one of your products or services
Vlogs: Video blogs are used instead of written blog posts to create a video library
“How We Make It” Videos: Videos that give customers an "insider's view" of how specific products are made
Tutorials: Step-by-step instructions or helpful tips on how to use a product or service
Product Demos: A video demonstration of how a product or service works
Product Reveal: A video unveiling of a product to generate excitement and promote new products
Photo Slide Show Videos: Videos are easy to create by simply dropping images of your products or services into a PowerPoint or other video slide show software program (no live video necessary)
Product Reviews: Video reviews of products done by customers or another third party
Live Stream Videos: Recordings of live stream events
Industry Interview Videos: Interviews with experts in your industry or company to discuss topics of interest to customers
Video Ads: Ads featuring a product or service you are offering
Create and Promote Your Business Videos
At this point, you might be asking how it is possible to create a video without expensive equipment. In many cases, you can do it using just an iPhone. Here are some tips from HubSpot for taking video yourself.
Once you have shot your video footage, you can use a variety of tools like Animoto or Biteable to edit, personalize, and share your video. These video editing platforms have easy drag-and-drop features, templates, and other bells and whistles to make you videos look professional and engaging. Best of all, they are relatively inexpensive and suitable for beginners.
Once you have created your stunning video, be sure to post it on all appropriate digital platforms, including:
- Your website
While producing videos can be intimidating at first, you will likely find them to be an easy, effective way to get your message out to potential customers. If you need help with videos or other digital marketing strategies, we’re here for you! Our marketing specialists have the experience and know-how to help your small business get the best return on investment. Contact us today to learn how we can help.